We are Nodes & Links Limited (CRN: 11388602).
Our registered address is Salisbury House, Station Road, Cambridge, England, CB1 2LA.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at email@example.com
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
- When you register with Nodes & Links. When you register with us through our portal, we collect your name, telephone number, job title, email, IP address and postal address. We collect these details because we need them to provide you with your user information and benefits as part of your user agreement.
- When you attend one of our events. When you attend one of our events, we will usually collect your name, address, email address and phone number. We collect this information because it’s in our legitimate interest to know who’s attending our events.
- When you apply for a job with us. When you enter into the recruitment process with us we usually collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), qualifications. accreditations and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners.We will use your personal information to assess your suitability for our available roles. We do this to perform a contract or to take steps at your request, before entering into a contract. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations.
- When you contact us. When you contact us either by phone, email, on our portal or via our website contact us page with general queries, we will usually collect your name and contact details, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- On social media. When you connect with us on social media including on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn we will process your handle, name and email address under our legitimate interest to respond to your comments and queries promptly.
- When you receive our news updates. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about.When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news updates emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our business. You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging into your account via the portal and updating your subscriptions.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
We may share your personal data with:
- Promotional events and marketing organisations, we do not sell data for marketing purposes, but may share your data with a co-event organiser. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
- Analytics and search engine providers to assist us with the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you.
WHERE IS MY DATA STORED?
We store your data in Ireland.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements. For further information about how long we keep your data for, please contact us at email@example.com.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse and support our products.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS UNDER DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner’s Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in England and Wales. If you are based outside of England and Wales, you can find your relevant supervisory authority here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
QUESTIONS, COMMENTS AND MORE DETAIL
Your feedback and suggestions on this notice are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a notice that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.